Redeem On Air India Flights
To see how many points you require for getting an award ticket/Upgrade on Air India, use our FR points calculator below.
To book your Tickets click here.
FR points redeemed for different classes are as follows:
- First Class : 2.5 times of the Economy "X" Class FR points
- Business Class : 2 times of the Economy "X" Class FR points
The following classes must be used for Award Tickets:
|Redemption Booking Class||Air India Flights
Upgrade Awards on Air India:
Flying Returns members can also redeem FR points for upgrading the eligible revenue tickets on domestic and international network of Air India. The FR points required for economy to business class upgrade depend on the RBD/Booking class of the Economy class ticket to be upgraded and range from 60% to 190% of normal economy class redemption FR points for that sector.
Procedure for Upgrade against FR points:
Flying Returns members can upgrade the revenue ticket against FR points by contacting our call center on 1800 180 1407 or by visiting nearest Air India booking office or by visiting airport mini booking offices. All RBD / booking classes in economy cabin and business cabin of revenue tickets are now eligible for upgrade. The upgrade must be requested at least 2 hours before departure of flight.
Terms & Conditions:
- Upgrades requested upto 2 hours before departure are valid on all domestic and international flights.
- Flying Returns FR points earned will be based upon the cabin and booking class of (RBD) purchased, not the upgraded cabin of service.
- No upgrade permissible from Economy cabin to First Cabin i.e. doubles upgrades not permitted.
- Pooling of FR points with spouse and Top Up FR points permitted.
- During flight cancellation / Aircraft change resulting in change of cabin class of award ticket, the difference in FR points would be reinstated based on the Certificate issued by APM / RM.
- Upgrades are not permitted on flights operated under IX (Air India Express) code and code-share flights operated by other carrier under AI marketed flight number.
- Taxes as applicable for upgrade class shall be levied and payable by member.
- Use of these awards must be made in accordance with conditions of carriage, procedures and terms and conditions detailed on www.flyingreturns.co.in
- Upgrade against FR points can be done at any Air India booking office upto 2 hours before schedule departure.
- Flying Returns member should be holding a valid confirmed revenue ticket in original booked class.
- Tickets issued against Travel Industry related discounts or any other discounts are not eligible.
- In case of voluntary cancellation:
- If cancelled more than 72 hours before the scheduled departure of flight: Deduction of 20% FR Points redeemed for upgrade would be applicable
- If cancelled less than 72 hours before the scheduled departure of flight: Treated as No-Show with 100% cancellation charge and no FR Points are credited to the FR account.
Cancellation rules and charges are subject to revision from time to time at the discretion of Air India
- Upgrades shall be booked in RBD O (First) and I (Business)