On Air India Flights
Every time you fly Air India, you accrue miles based on sector and the booking class. The miles you earn on domestic sector and on international sectors operated by Air India under AI code are given below.
Select the origin and destination to know the base miles for a sector. The base miles shall be multiplied by the accrual level as per booked class to arrive accrual miles.Click here to view entire miles table
Mileage points accruals for different classes are as follows:
|Accrual Level as %
of base miles
|First Class||F, A||250 %|
|Business Class||C, D,J, Z||200 %|
|Economy Class||Y, B, M||100 %|
|H, K, Q, V, W, G||100 %|
|L, U, T, S, E||50%|
Please indicate your Flying Returns membership number at the time of booking, or at the time of check-in, to ensure automatic accrual of mileage points in your account. If for some reason, you find that miles for a particular flight have not been credited in your account, you can get can claim those 'retroactively' within a period of six months from the date of travel.
If miles are not reflected in your Statement, you can claim those online by logging in to your account OR by calling Air India Call Center on 1800 180 1407 OR by through the Flying Returns Member Service Centre. Proof of travel (PNR details, copies of boarding pass / ticket) may be needed.
You can redeem your miles for:
- Flight Awards on Air India
- Upgrade Awards on Air India
- Flight Awards on Star Alliance Partner Airlines
- Upgrade Awards on Star Alliance Partner Airlines
Miles can be redeemed for Awards on Air India as follows;
1. Through Air India booking offices: (Awards for Air India Flights, Air India Upgrades, Lufthansa Flights and Singapore Airlines flights)
Please carry your membership card for verification. Please specify you would like to book an Award Ticket. These have to be booked in specific Reservation Booking Classes (O for First class, I for Business Class and X for economy class).
On verification of your membership card an Award ticket shall be issued by Air India ticketing staff. All applicable taxes and surcharges shall be borne by you. You may request award tickets for yourself or any person of your choice.
2. Through Air India Contact center in India (Toll free no. 1800 180 1407): (Awards for Air India Flights, Air India Upgrades)
Please call the AI contact center on the above number. On verification of your membership, the award tickets shall be issued by the call center agent and emailed to your email address registered in your membership account. (You can add an email address in your membership account by logging on in your account and clicking the update profile tab).
All applicable taxes and surcharges shall be borne by you. These shall be paid by credit card through the contact center IVR.
Please note the following;
- Purely domestic bookings can only be ticketed at the contact center. Tickets shall be emailed to you.
- International bookings for Award Tickets shall be made by the contact center; however, the tickets shall have to be purchased from Air India booking offices. This is because there is a requirement of documentation check for international travel.
- Only Master and Visa cards issued in India are accepted at the contact center for acceptance of payments.
- You may request award tickets for yourself or any person of your choice.
- Members residing in USA may call toll free number 1800 223 7776.
- Members residing in Canada may call toll free number 1800 6256424.
- Members residing in UK may call toll free number 800 635 0041.
3. Online through the Flying Returns website. (www.flyingreturns.co.in): (Awards for Air India Flights)
You can also redeem miles for Air India flight Awards online by logging on in your membership account and clicking the flight Redemptions tab. This action shall take you to the internet booking engine (IBE) of Air India where a guided procedure can be followed to book your Award Tickets.
Both domestic and international Award Tickets can be booked through the IBE.
Master and Visa cards issued worldwide can be used to pay taxes /surcharges.
Direct Debit through Net banking with selected Indian banks can also be used as a form of payment.